Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The White Ribbon Campaign

On Friday I blogged about the Take Back The Night march. This poster made its way onto my desk this morning and it's the perfect illustration for the point I was trying to make!


The White Ribbon campaign is the premier place to educate and get educated about violence against women. In some countries, White Ribbon is run exclusively by men, in others it is a joint collaboration of men and women.  This is MEN taking a stand, teaching their younger generation of men and pledging to never condone or remain silent when it comes to violence against women.

I've been warned since my Take Back The Night blog post to never use the phrase "REAL MEN" but frankly... 

THIS IS WHAT REAL MEN DO, TEACH AND PLEDGE.

Join the fight, take the pledge and raise your voice in the fight against violence.


**The definition of MEN by me is as such: if you were born a man, if you were born a woman who feels like she should be a man, if you are not sure what gender you identify with or feel people are genderless.... BASICALLY, if you want to be a man, be a man. Regardless of where you started from.**



No comments:

Post a Comment